This paper explores a perspective emerging from a community education project called Ragged University. The philosophical underpinnings of the project came as a response to necessity brought about by the existential poverty being created as a result of the process of enclosing the commons of the intellect. Read more…
Come along to The Counting House at 7pm to listen to Ray, share a crust of bread, and learn about control…
Title of talk:
“We control you: the Psychology of obedience and authority”
No. 6 in the series “What has Psychology ever done for us?”
Bullet points of what you would like to talk about:
- Are we really in control of ourselves?
- Are our decisions individual or the result of group norms and pressures?
- Can we easily be convinced to behave in ways we might normally find unacceptable?
- Is there a ‘demon’ inside us that has to be controlled by Society and Civilisation?
- How influenced are we by conformity, obedience and authority?